10 February 2009

Quick response to Fr. Paul's last comment:
All indicators of the state of the economy come from CNNi and my own checkups on the $-Y exchange rate. My Japanese peers still spend money like CO2. In the meantime, I'm eating on the cheapy-cheap every day and every night, hoping to have some yen left over for a nice spring break trip back to Tokyo or something.
Unfortunately, the folks who used to hang out outside the front gates of campus, passing out fliers for under-the-table part time jobs teaching English are nowhere to be found. I am having no luck securing employment!
Again, thanks for your patience, and apologies for the slow response. I generally either forget that I have this blog, or am too busy to spend more than half an hour or so on the computer. There is too much to see and do here, and only this one more semester to do it in.

I'm going to be taking my camera with me more often in the near future, and uploading winter break photos to Photobucket as soon as I find that stupid cable again.

Speaking of winter break... Maybe I'll have that Kyushu trip entry up in June.

No comments: