AND BECAUSE HE DECREED IT, IT BECAME SO. I found a place in a slightly different area of Makino (neighborhood north/northwest of Katahoko) that has comparable portions without the WD40-like grease layer, for a comparable price. But, I think I'm still going to try to cook a little more often, just 'cause it'll be a good experience.
For times like today when I want to make a post but can't think of much to say, I think I'll take a few random photos out of the bucket and talk about them, like I'm doing for my other blog. (The one for the class.) So, here's the first edition of Joe And Tell! Har har.

This is a church. Or rather, the second floor of this building is a church. The first floor is... a porn rental store. I couldn't believe it, either, until I went in and saw that only that one shelf that you can see through the window was stocked with movies you could take home to your mom. Oh, the irony.

This is when the guitar got here! Thanks, Dad!! I had to fill up 3 different trash cans around campus with all the packing peanuts, though... And then I had this big old box that I couldn't carry around, so I sharpied over all identifying marks, scrawled "DIS BOX IS FRAM NORWAY JA" on it, and left it next to a 4th trash can near the building next to the CIE. Smash Adams would be proud.

These kids were in a park on the way back to the Seminar House from campus. With some encouragement from my friends Tatsuya and Haruka, I struck up a conversation with them:
"What are you guys doing? What's this?"
"Obviously it's Coca-Cola."
"Dirty! Are you gonna drink it?"
"Only if you pay me! ... Wanna play baseball?"

Yes. I met them again the next day for a rematch. We're set for Thursday at 4pm, as well. The Katahoko Ryuu-Chuu Baseball Club! ("Ryuugakusei" and "chuugakusei" mean "exchange student" and "middle schooler," respectively.)
5 comments:
look at you being all friendly with the locals ;)
Joe,
Looks like you're really making yourself at home. I really do envy you. Your experiences will definitely make you a richer man, maybe not in currency but more so in integrity. Thank you for sharing!
You badass! I'll bet you'll be heading to koshien in no time, rockin' the middle schoolers >:D
I like this Joe and tell thing!
Haha, "Only if you pay me!" Well you look like you're doin' pretty good, health wise. (well, on the outside anyway. Sorry 'bout all your food problems.)
I'm getting a motorcycle permit this coming spring so I can ride a vespa~ Are they any cool motorbikes/motor scooters around there? Or is it either a bike or car? How's the weather? It's getting chilly =_=
Oh yeah, those pics reminded me. I'm tutoring middle schoolers after school twice a week. Snot nosed brats.. haha, not all of them.
Post a Comment