16 October 2008

Well, I am not doing nearly as well in my Japanese language classes as I'd like. Although I make a conscious, focused effort to study the new vocab and grammar, nothing is really sticking. The "spoken Japanese" class does not grade me on my conversational skill, which happens to be my greatest strength here - it's all "can you memorize this list of 30 onomotopeias?!" And I can't.
It's like watching cooking oil run out of an overturned Teflon frying pan. The amount of time I spend on the interbutts is not helping, either, so for the next week I am going to try to cut down from the multiple hours per day I currently spend to about 10 minutes per day. (Email, VA class blog, uploading photos if I need to.)
So, if it seems like I've vanished into the metaphorical wilderness, it's 'cause I have to. I am risking admission to the second semester. And if the greatest adventure of my life were to come to a premature end halfway through... I don't know what I'd do. It'd ruin me.
So I guess I'll talk to you all in a week or so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Understood, captain. But I want to see something in the next 2 weeks, even if it's just the sentence "I am putting another post on this webpage because Tom Quigley told me so, and I really enjoy hamsters."

Unknown said...

VS

Rin Edition said...

YEW CAN DOO EET. AYE BILEEVE IN YEW.