Last night, me and 4 other people from my house walked to this super-dingy, super-scummy hole in the wall near Makino Station. This place was seriously the diviest dive of all dives. The 2 girls couldn't sit in there for more than 5 minutes before going home. But the kimchi soba was SO GOOD. As Obi-Wan said, "Yours eyes deceive you! Do not trust them."
There's a restaurant in downtown Hirakata called MOS BURGER and they have the best burgers in the world. I'd still kick a cat for 5 minutes in a Mighty Taco, though.
Back during orientation week, a girl named Yuna helped a group of us ignorant gaijin find a karaoke place and convince the guy running it that we weren't out to destroy it. So today, I gave her 3 packs of mango yatsuhashi (famous Kyoto snack food) in thanks. Well, she had a birthday present for me, too! A mix CD of Japanese visual kei music, a watch, and a big back of Doraemon snacks. It was fantastic. AHHH JAPAN, YOUR PEOPLE ARE SO GENEROUS. I will be paying Japanese people back for their generosity the rest of my life.
This is a 3 day weekend. Lots of time to do the tiny amount of homework I have to do.. haha
If you use Facebook and I am on your friends list, I have posted my mailing address in a note over there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
This has absolutely nothing to do with your post, but you wouldn't happen to know what the size requirements were on your luggage, do you? The internet is not being clear with me. >:(
Post a Comment