10 December 2008

it was familiar to me

So, I haven't updated this thing in close to a month. That's because I am doing more living in Japan and less living in Japan AND America. Also trying to keep my grades up.
But Joe, how much time does it really take to type one of these? Surely you could have thrown a paragraph in here or there.
Actually, I was putting a lot of thought into these entries. That, and I can't just sit down and churn one out. I was doing a few carefully pondered lines at a time between Wikipedia articles or whatever other distractions were running in the browser at the time.
And seeing as anything that ends up here has likely been said to one or more of you through other channels anyway, I didn't want to feel like I was repeating myself.

Anyway.

Things are tense here. Finals loom ever-closer (I have an early one today at 4pm in Visual Anthropology), as does the impending stress of winter break and organizing travel plans. Interestingly enough, I'm not worried about the trip with Dan, which logically should be the most worrisome thing on the list... But no, I'm just stressing about how the heck I'm going to get to Tokyo, and when, and where I'll be staying once I do, and whether or not it'll be worth it anyway, since Kensuke will be busy on Dec 31st and Jan 1st.

Hmm... Maybe I'll scrap the Tokyo New Year's thing and go in the spring when Kensuke will actually have time to hang out. Everyone else I wanted to see there is going to pass through Kansai at some point anyway.
Yeah.

I was doing some sporadic filming over the last 5 weeks. This week, I uploaded 4 videos to my YouTube account with the stuff worth watching. http://www.youtube.com/user/joeneedstosleep

You know that feeling you get when your telephone is ringing and you can't get up to answer it?
Yeah.

You know that feeling when your phone rings, and just on a whim you decide not to answer it, and don't know why you don't, but somehow you're still at peace with the impulse?
No?
Hm.

No comments: